The Group Executive Committee
The Group Executive Committee exists to support the Group Scout Leader and aims to make sure that the Scout Group has the facilities and resources needed to deliver good Scouting in the Group.
The Committee is responsible for:
- The maintenance of the Group’s property and equipment;
- The raising of funds and the administration of the Group’s finance;
- The insurance of persons, property and equipment;
- Group public occasions; and
- Assisting with the recruitment of leaders and other adult support.
The Group Executive consists of some people who are members because of their position.
The membership of the Executive Committee is set up in this way to ensure that the interests of the Group Council and Group Scout Leader are represented and balanced. It also serves to broaden the membership of the Executive Committee, hopefully bringing in people from other parts of the community.
Members of the Executives group:
- Group Scout Leader and Group Chairperson
- Group Treasurer and Group Secretary
- Assistant Group Scout Leader
- All Section Leaders (but not assistant leaders or section assistants) and Explorer Scout Leader and others.
The co-opted members are often used to bring skills into the Executive Committee, perhaps because of a project that is being undertaken or problem that is being tackled. Ideally there should also be a Parent Representative from each section in the Group on the Executive Committee.